20 Apr 2020
Sub Frames for Printed Panels
What does a Sub Frame do?
- Floats a printed panel away from the wall
- Provides a way to hang the panel on the wall
- Gives the panel substance and rigidity
How does it work?
- Order in lengths – to cut on your own saw OR Order on Chop Service – give us the aluminium sizes and we’ll cut for you. Subtract 54mm from each dimension of the outside size of the Sub Frame you need, or ask us for a Measuring Guide.
- Apply Heavy Duty Bonding Tape unless using SUB15 with bonding tape pre-applied.
- Push in corners to make up the frame.
- Clean all contact surface with solvent wipe.
- Remove release liner from tape, locate, press down firmly, leave to cure at room temperature.
- Slot CWH3 hangers into the profile, or use T-Screws for secure fixing.
Choose from two profile depths:
- SUB15 floats the panel 15mm from the wall. With bonding tape pre-applied it is ideal for smaller panels and thinner substrates. Or, apply Heavy Duty Bonding Tape to the un-taped version for larger panels and thicker substrates.
- SUB25 floats the panel 25mm from the wall. It is fixed with Heavy Duty Bonding Tape, making it suitable for most panel sizes and substrates.