SMART-X® is a distinctive lightweight foam board for demanding visual communication applications.
This extremely lightweight, all-plastic board with weather and UV-resistant cover layers in impact-resistant solid polystyrene (HIPS) and a core of expanded polystyrene is completely insensitive to moisture. These properties mean that it is a lightweight material which can be used in outdoor applications for a period of up to two years without significant colour change.
SMART-X® is also an optimal substrate for direct digital printing due to its smooth surface structure and availability in large formats (up to 2 metres wide).
In addition, SMART-X® is a mono material composite made from polystyrene and is therefore 100% recyclable. SMART-X® perfectly meets the demand for ecological materials in the area of visual communication.
SMART-X® – THE GREEN ASPECT
- SMART-X® is a mono-material composite made from 100 % polystyrene (no adhesive between core and cover layers)
- Ecological - SMART-X® with a homogeneous compound is 100% recyclable
- About 95% of the production waste of the SMART-X® production is collected and recycled on-site
Thanks to the excellent ratio of extremely low weight and high rigidity and flatness, SMART-X® is ideal for the following two-dimensional applications:
- All types of signage, especially large-format or long and narrow signs – formats where other materials usually deform.
- Optimal for self-supporting, free-standing structures – directly printed – milled – shipped flat – assembled on site.
- Life-sized fashion displays made from SMART-X® – directly printed – contour milled – assembled on site – ready to go!
- RIGID MATERIALS
- SUSTAINABLE MEDIA